Tilles Park

9551 Litzsinger Road


Park Hours
8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History
In 1932, C. A. Tilles donated his farm to the City of St. Louis to be used as a public park. The land was donated in memory of his mother, Rosalie Tilles. Park facilities were constructed beginning in 1938 by the City using funds from the WPA (Works Progress Administration). In 1957, St. Louis County purchased the park from the City. With funds from the 1969 Bond Issue, the road and parking areas were improved and a new playground constructed.

Windegger Shelter was built and the lake renovated in 1979 using funds from the estate of Mr. Tilles in memory of his good friend Ms. Windegger.  Another addition to the park in 1998 was the installation of a fountain in the Tilles Park lake which was donated by the Ohlendorf Family. The fountain was replaced in 2015 by the St. Louis County Parks Foundation.

Tilles Park is one of the most visited of the County Parks and is best known as the location for the very popular, Winter Wonderland lights display which began in 1986.

Click here for more history on Tilles Park.


Features & Amenities
 + 2 Playgrounds
 + Trail
 + Tennis Courts
 + Fishing
 + Year-Round Restroom (near playground)
 + Spray Fountain Play Area
 + Reservable Shelters
Gloria Rogers
Skow Shelter
Windegger Shelter
 + Winter Wonderland Light Display


View Park Events

 

Park Postings:

(As of 12/14/18 7:00 a.m.)

All recreation complexes and historic sites will be closed on December 24th and 25th.


Unger Park roads are open to the Riverside Trail Parking lot, however, the Riverside Trail remains closed beyond this parking lot.


The Grant's Spur along Grant's Trail was severely damaged during periods of heavy rain. For safety reasons, this short trail has been closed.


Ohlendorf Park restroom will be off-line for the remainder of the season.  Portable toilets and hand washing stations remain onsite for public use.