Queeny Park

550 Weidman Road, St. Louis, MO 63131
(click here for directions to 550 Weidman Road side of the park)

1675 South Mason Road

Park Hours
8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History
Queeny Park was once part of the estate of the late Mr. and Mrs. Edgar M. Queeny. Mr. Queeny was the former president and chairman of the board of Monsanto Chemical Company, which was founded by his father.

Jarville, the house at 1723 Mason Road, was built about 1854 by Hyacinth Renard, and is one of the best surviving examples of the Greek Revival style in Missouri. The house was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.


The Queenys sold their property to the American Investment Company Realty Corporation in 1964, giving the proceeds to Barnes Hospital. St. Louis County purchased the property from the American Investment Company in March, 1970.

Ethel Queeny contributed $1 million towards the completion of the family recreation complex. Edward Greensfelder, who represents the Albert P. Greensfelder Foundation, also donated $1 million for the project, along with an additional $50,000 for landscaping. Construction of the Greensfelder Memorial Complex began June, 1972 and was dedicated in September, 1974. 

The playground, completed in September 1974 and featuring a supervised, innovative strategy, was designed by Roland W. McFarland through a bequest by Ethel S. Queeny.

Click here for more history on Queeny Park.

Features & Amenities
 + Playground
 + Trails
 + Native Tree Trail
 + Tennis Courts
 + Fishing
 + Greensfelder Recreation Complex
 + Tails & Trails Dog Park

 + Wedding Sites
 + Year-Round Restroom (corporate picnic site)
 + Reservable Shelters
Corporate Picnic Sites
Smith Shelter




Dog Park


View Park Events

 

Park Postings:

(As of 5/22/19 11:00 a.m.)


The trail at Ft. Bellefontaine that runs parallel to Coldwater Creek is closed due to a washout. 


Lower Buder, Simpson, and Unger Parks are closed due to flooding.


There is water over spots of the loop trail at Creve Coeur Park.


The Sylvan Springs tennis courts are closed for repairs.


Portions of the Chubb Trail are under water due to flooding.


Lemay Park is closed due to flooding.


Sioux Passage boat ramp and campgrounds are closed due to flooding.


The 5 mile and 1/2 mile loop trails at Cliff Cave Park are closed due to flooding.


Widman Park is closed due to flooding.


George Winter Park is closed due to flooding.


Lower Meramec Trail is closed due to flooding.


 

The Grant's Spur along Grant's Trail was severely damaged during periods of heavy rain. For safety reasons, this short trail has been closed.


Ohlendorf Park restroom will out of service until further notice. Portable toilets and hand washing stations remain onsite for public use.