Memorial Park

41 South Central Ave

Park Hours
8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History
Memorial Park is part of the tract of 102 acres deeded to St. Louis County on October 20, 1877, by Ralph Clayton. The city plan of Clayton, recorded on June 3, 1878, set aside this 2.68-acre block as the court house square.

After several years of planning, construction began on January 14, 2000 for a new park to replace the raised plaza and to incorporate a new Police and Firefighter Memorial. The memorial was commissioned by St. Louis County Chief of Police, Ronald Battelle, and designed by Wischmeyer Architects, with fountain engineering by Avanti Technologies. Sculptures of a policeman and a fireman are by Neil Brodin of Brodin Studios, Litchfield, Minnesota. The park’s formal dedication and memorial service were held on November 8, 2000, but construction continued until the Department of Parks and Recreation took responsibility for the park in July 2001.

Click here for more history on Memorial Park




View Park Events

Park Postings:

(As of 11/5/19 10:30 a.m.)


The entrance to Lone Elk Park is under construction. There will be intermittent access.


The 5 mile trail at Cliff Cave Park is closed due to flood damage.


The center of the Lower Meramec Trail is closed due to flooding.