Love Park

2239 Mason Lane

Park Hours
8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History

John and Mary Love were successful business leaders and conservationists. The family began to donate parcels of land to St. Louis County in 1959. The final donation provided that 15 acres of the park remain in a natural condition. The two picnic shelters were named after the Love children, Mary and Cynthia, "Muffin". The park was dedicated in October, 1968.

In the spring of 1989 the park entrance was redesigned to improve traffic flow and the general appearance. A new playground replaced older ones in the early 1990s.

Click here for more history on Love Park


Features & Amenities
 + Playground
 + Trails
 + Athletic Fields
 + 2 Reservable Shelters
Mary's Shelter
Muffin Shelter



View Park Events

Park Postings:

(As of 2/18/20 2:00 p.m.)


West Tyson trails will be closed March 13 and 14 for a private event. Access to Lone Elk from the prairies will remain open.


The entrance to Lone Elk Park is under construction. Access has been rerouted.


The Sioux Passage boat ramp is closed indefinitely.


Reservable Site Photo Galleries



Love Amenities