King Park

1491 Dielman Road

 

Park Hours

8 a.m. - 30 minutes past sunset

General Information / History
This park was acquired as the result of a large urban renewal project in the unincorporated area of Elmwood Park. Several names for the park were proposed through a local school “Name the Park” contest. On July 17, 1968 the area was dedicated as Martin Luther King, Jr. County Park. 

A new master plan for the park was developed with public input from the community and the Park was completely redeveloped accordingly in 2001. 

Click here for more history on King Park


Features & Amenities
 + Playground
 + Basketball
 + Reservable Shelter

View Park Events

Park Postings:

(As of 3/30/20 8:30 a.m.)


The southern half of George Winter Park, including the back ramp, is closed.


Lower Meramec Trail is closed due to flooding.


The 5 mile loop at Cliff Cave is closed due to flooding. The 1 mile loop is still open.


The entrance to Lone Elk Park is under construction. Access has been rerouted.


The Sioux Passage boat ramp is closed indefinitely.


Reservable Site Photo Galleries



King Amenities