On October 1, 2008, St. Louis County Recorder of Deeds Office has officially launched our new web-based application that allows for remote access to documents recorded in our office. The St. Louis County Recorder of Deeds has a long-standing history of diligently working to ensure that we provide our customers with overall top-notch service. This implementation is another part of our on going effort to improve customer delivery and provide quality customer service.
Currently, our indexes for recorded deeds are available through 1974. Indexes for marriage license records are not currently available for remote researching. Customers now have several options available to conduct research as described below.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Vanessa Farmer, Chief Deputy Recorder at the Recorder of Deeds Office by email at VFarmer@stlouisco.com or phone at 314-615-4967.
*Laredo – a downloadable internet using application designed and used mostly by professional users (title insurance firms, real estate agencies, etc.) that require daily and/or extensive access to research recorded documents. To begin using Laredo complete the following steps.
- Create an account by downloading the subscriber information application . You can also obtain the application by contacting Vanessa Farmer at VFarmer@stlouisco.com or (314) 615-4967. Send the completed application to The Recorders Office by email, fax or mail:
||Recorder of Deeds
Attn: Gerald E. Smith
41 South Central Ave.
Clayton, MO 63105
- After receiving your application, The Recorders Office will process it within two business days, after which you will be contacted.
- Next download and install the Laredo application from Fidlar Technologies and click on the Products tab and then the Laredo menu option.
- Now that you have installed Laredo, just double click the icon and enter your User Name and Password that you entered on the application form.
Laredo System Requirements: Operating system Windows 2000, Windows XP or newer and web browser Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer. For additional system requirements visit Fidlar Technologies and click on the Products tab and then the Laredo menu option.
Laredo Technical Help: Call 563-345-1283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about Laredo visit Fidlar Technologies.
**Tapestry – an enhanced web based user-friendly interface designed to allow the occasional user to research documents recorded in St. Louis County. Also, offers access to documents recorded in over 90 counties located in MO, WA, WI, IL, MN, and MI. The fee for each search using Tapestry is $5.95. Printed images cost $.50 each except where otherwise specified. For answers to additional Tapestry related questions, please select FAQ’s.
- To use Tapestry and for answers to questions please select here Tapestry. No software download is required as all you need is a web browser. Tapestry utilizes a unique pay-as-you-go method in which you can pay with your credit card on Fidlar’s secure internet site.
Tapestry System Requirements: Web browser Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer and Adobe PDF Acrobat Viewer. For more information on the Adobe PDF Viewer click on the link at the bottom of the page. For additional system requirements visit Fidlar Technologies and click on the FAQs button.
***Direct Search – a web based interface designed to allow remote access to St. Louis County’s index data only (images NOT included) through the St. Louis County website. This product is designed to allow an individual to search document index records only at no charge.
- To use Direct Search select here Direct Deed Search. No software download is required as all you need is a web browser.
****Monarch – a bulk data distribution application designed to allow remote access to St. Louis County’s index data and/or images, separately. This product is designed for and used mostly by professional users (title plants, real estate agencies, etc) and allow a subscriber to receive document index records and/or images at a bulk rate. Monarch is a downloadable application that improves subscribers’ ability to:
- Receive access to real-time or historical documents/data in bulk.
- Improve distribution processing times.
- Obtain various document types and date ranges on demand.
To begin using Monarch contact Denise Stinson at Fidlar Technologies. For additional information about Monarch visit Fidlar Technologies.
For information on the fees associated with Tapestry, Laredo and Monarch please select fee schedule.