Sewer Lateral - COVID-19 Message

Department of Public Works, Sewer and Water Lateral service changes due to CoVID 19:

  • In-person/face-to-face services are suspended during the SOE (State of Emergency)
  • Residents may submit applications through Fax @ 314-615-8406, email @ [email protected]
  • Residents and Contractors can contact us 314-615-8427 or 314-615-8420 for more information
  • Video’s and applications for the sewer program can be submitted (User Name) UserSewerUpload (Password) vN3#vtggAZhcTt
  • Residents that have submitted a non-emergency application will be processed in the order it was received after the SOE has been lifted

Residential Sewer Lateral Repair Program

Unincorporated St. Louis County voted YES for Proposition 1 on the St. Louis County Election ballot in 1999. 

Proposition 1.  The Residential Sewer Lateral Repair Program covers the cost of repairing a defective residential sewer lateral. 

Residential sewer laterals run from the foundation of a house to the sewer main. 

Under the new program, homeowners will pay a $28.00 fee annually. This fee was included on the 1999 real estate property tax bills issued to homeowners in unincorporated St. Louis County. 

The $28.00 fee establishes a fund that will cover the cost of replacing a defective sewer lateral. 

Prior to Proposition 1, homeowners were responsible for paying the total cost of repairing their sewer lateral, ranging from $2,000 to $15,000. Sewer laterals under a street before connecting to a sewer main could cost $15,000 in repairs. 

Now, homeowners do not pay for the replacement of their sewer lateral. They are responsible for hiring a licensed plumber or licensed drain layer to clear any blockage in their sewer lateral. 

For more information call 314-615-8427.


Contact Us

St. Louis County Department of Public Works 

Sewer Lateral Repair Program

1050 N. Lindbergh Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63132
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (314) 615-8427
Fax: (314) 615-8406
Email: [email protected]

Please contact us with any questions, concerns, or to submit your sewer lateral repair application.